So I purchased this book "Operation World" and it has every country in the world in it...you can go to their Facebook page and see what country to pray for...it changes and you pray for a different place everyday...So today was Eritrea! Sounds like a wonderful place in Africa...The people make a whopping $295 bucks a year. I get the feeling the more I read and pray for the world the more grateful that I will be to live in America.
On to Bolivia's fun facts: poorest country in South America...the people earn $1656 a year... the Catholic Church retains State Church status, but rapid growth of non-Catholic religious bodies threatens this. Issues of religious freedom and relation of Church and state must be resolved. The government actively encourages a revival of indigenous religions traditions. Most of the population have been baptized Catholic but are practicing animist or Christo-pagans. In other words, they worship idols and need Jesus! I am going to just add a prayer request from time to time from my Operation World book...today I would like prayer for Poverty in Bolivia. Around 70% of the population are mired in poverty, half of those in abject poverty. Growing coca is much more profitable than growing other agricultural products, and many of Bolivia's population are farmers. The President advocates growing the leaf for traditional purposes, but it is impossible to control how all of the coca-leaf harvest is processed. Pray that individuals, both those in power and those in poverty, would have the courage to reject temptation and to make good decisions.