May 29

We had a team meeting today with some of the people going on the trip...learned some new details.  One is that we will have an opportunity to go to a prison and minister to inmates.  I did some checking on Bolivian prisons and discovered some crazy things.  There are no guards on the inside--just guards on the outside ready to shoot...the inmates elect a leader and the prisoners govern themselves!  They have to provide their own food and they have to rent the cell they live in.  Inmate's families, including kids, can live in the prison with the convicted.  Women and kids can come and go and bring food and money to the inmate.  Crazy!  Here is a video I found...and also a link to BBC with some pics and info.



BBC Link:


We were also given homework in preparation for the trip...we need to make sure we are ready to lead an "I AM SECOND" group...apparently we will be walking neighborhoods evangelizing and inviting people to church (the ones we are planting...the team will break up into 5 groups and we will be starting 5 churches).   We were told that we are the ones in charge...So pray that I am a good leader!  It is funny how God orchestrates your life and experiences getting one ready for what he has planned...All my Crown Ministries experiences (facilitated 9 classes over the years) plus my classroom teaching experience plus my counseling background...God is going to use me this summer...I can feel it.